5 Most Suitable Hosting Options For Online Businesses
“It’s time to remove that thin line between the five main hosting options, explore the advantages, a few drawbacks & pick the most suitable option for your business”
When developing a website, the three most important things to consider are domain name (your website’s address), content and web hosting. Of these, the latter is most important because file storage, bandwidth, security and many other things depend on it. But then, which hosting option best fits your business website?
Let’s have a look at different options and compare the hosting types so that it would be easier for you to choose per the corporate requisites, budget and available technical expertise to manage the entire process efficiently.
- Shared hosting
When a single server hosts several hundreds (if not thousands) of users and their websites, it’s referred to as shared hosting. The service provider is responsible to share the environment, resources and bandwidth with the users. A few advantages of shared hosting are:
- Costs only a few bucks per month.
- Maintenance and upgrade isn’t your headache, the server hosting provider is responsible.
So if you agree sharing the resources and willing to comply with rules and regulations of the server manager, this particular option is perfect. A few drawbacks however are;
- Since many different websites are shared over a single server, the volume of traffic and security threats can compromise safety of your project as well as reduce the loading speed.
- Even a single user can lay waste to others work and make their website vulnerable.
- Cloud hosting
In the past few years, cloud technologies surged beyond imagine whereas cloud-based hosting comes with numerous possibilities and maximum flexibility. It means you can conveniently scale up and down per the business needs, rest assure over data safety and conveniently use many different software and applications. Most prominent benefits of cloud hosting are:
- Explore many different features whenever needed, using resources from various servers without paying exorbitantly.
- Ease of scalability and smooth transitions between website hosting even during peak traffic.
- Amazing performance and high speed
The only drawback is that it requires a bit more than usual hosting expertise and knowhow of the cloud technology. And someone technically savvy would rather opt for one’s own server since cloud doesn’t allow root access and modification.
- Managed WordPress hosting
A hosting solution that complements perfectly to your corporate website and services is referred to as Managed WordPress. The package comes with lots of benefits guaranteeing seamless performance of the website. Among the many benefits, a few most prominent are:
- WordPress websites experience a boost.
- User accessibility to different themes for convenient website customisation.
- Managing web traffic is much easier.
- Customer support is decent.
The only drawback is that the hosting is only for WordPress websites and even some plugins aren’t allowed only if they’re a threat to security. You might need to stick only on the most popular plugins.
- VPS hosting
Virtual Private Server or VPS takes on a hybrid approach with shared hosting as a user is exposed to the hosting environment where other users occupy a certain space on the server but, there’s a difference. First, server is segregated into multiple environments which means your area wouldn’t be affected by other while continue to function separately.
It means a particular user can install a custom OS while using virtual server independently. The second difference is resource limit which depends on what you pay for and no one else would intervene in your share. Last is the amount of VPS users which is quite low so you can always enjoy working on higher speed and maximum bandwidth with improved security.
- Dedicated server hosting
Just as the name implies, dedicated server belongs only to a single user which means no sharing or resources with anyone, maximum security, all the speed and bandwidth can be enjoyed to its utmost. User also has root access with freedom to install any OS and software.