7 Useful Tips to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Wondering How to Prevent Bed Bugs?
Nobody want to have those creepy saboteurs of sleep but you wish it was that easy to get rid of them. Bedbugs are mainly the parasitic insects that usually makes your house extremely unwelcoming for the guest. Frankly, it even makes you feel like go out somewhere but obviously, you can’t do that. Don’t know what place no earth these bedbugs have got their training from but they are consistently growing whether it’s their numbers, sizes and skills. The word ‘skills’ definitely sounds quite weird but that’s true.
Earlier, these bed bugs were usually restricted to the beds but nowadays they have “broadened their horizons” extensively and fearlessly latching on to suitcases, furniture, and any comfortable surface. Astonishingly, these bedbugs have entered the hospitals, schools, airplanes and even the movie theatres. It is important to remove bed bugs as soon as possible. So here are a few tips that you must keep in mind;
- While going to bed, it’s essential to get the signs of their feces. These are mostly the small, black or dark brown dots on the bed Lenin or even the mattress. You need to be careful if you find them on your bed.
- If you have been annoyed by them in the night and have planned to revert back furiously in the morning, not a good idea. Bedbugs mostly hide out during the day so you simply can’t even find a glitch of them in the day time. And if those are baby bedbugs, they are almost invisible. So just use the flashlight in the night so that it can help you spot them in the dark.
- This one is quite weird but it works amazingly. Do you have the dog? If yes, then it can help you get rid of bed bugs. Since you cannot find the bedbugs in the dark but you suspect that they are present, your bedbug sniffing dog can help you sniff out those culprits.
- Your furniture can get infected if you’re putting them at some common areas of your house or even on the streets. This can transfer the bugs to your neighbors as well.
- Experts suggest you to go for a steam cleaner on mattresses weekly in case you suspect bedbugs. These are very sensitive to heat, can’t stand temperatures above 113 degrees. Almost an hour of high heat exposure can eliminate most infestations.
- Clearing clutter is the key. You know who’s the most vulnerable ones for pests? They are the ones who have a lot of clutter. Let’s keep it very simple. If you have the non-cluttered home, it would make treatment easier since there is less to clean.
- Another way to let those hidden bugs experience some high temperature is to wash your bed sheets with hot water. It’s not just about the bed sheets, there are other fabrics also. Just make sure you wash them as with hot water, you will surely see the result.
Are you looking for the effective ways to get rid of bedbugs? Just check out the article now